Monday we went to dance class -- RG's favorite day of the week! She loves it! She is always making Stephen and I do her dances, etc. They are getting ready to do a Halloween special for the parents and I can not wait... She has given me a sneak peek and I can't wait to sing "it's a punnnnnnkin!"
They give them a happy at the end of class each week and this week was a halloween coloring sheet she was so proud of.
On Tuesdays, Ruby has Mother's Day Out at our church. We LOVE it there. Her teachers are so so kind. On our way to school, we always say a prayer -- a prayer for her teachers, her friends, her day in general. Mainly because she doesn't nap at school but we have to talk about having rest time/quiet time while the other kids nap.... So we talk about her having a good day and playing with baby dolls, playing on the playground, coloring, etc... well one day about a week ago, she interjects with "AND PAINT!" during the prayer. Well we get to school and walk up to her classroom and her teacher says "good morning Ruby!! We are going to paint today!" .. y'all.. she looked at me and was so excited... it was like she knew God heard her prayer! Faith like a child. It was such an awesome thing to be reminded of!
Sibling love... AKA don't get my toys! So RG knows that if she pushes/hits/is mean to Gideon, I will take her toys away or she gets a spankin... because well, we can't be mean. So if Gideon heads for her toys that she is playing with, she hugs him (usually until he falls over) to make it look like she loves him so much... but in reality she just wants him FARRRR away from the toys.
This is a picture from a month or so ago.. but proof she can be a tad stingy with the toys! haha!
This is a picture from a month or so ago.. but proof she can be a tad stingy with the toys! haha!
After school, we did some playing outside! (And Ruby bossing me around ... Mama! You get it!)
Hanging out in the garage because it was almost 90 degrees today. Um, hello. and I'm not talking about the boy band. It's MID-OCTOBER!
On Tuesday nights, we usually go to Chick-Fil-A for family night. Kids eat free and they have balloons and crafts, etc. Pretty much chaos.... every week. Every week I'm like why do I do this? Kids are acting crazy... Chick-Fil-A is making me fat.... but then by like Sunday of the next week I'm pumped to know that we are going to Chick-Fil-A on Tuesday and mama doesn't have to cook!! Whoop Whoop!
Luckily the ride home consisted of this and not as much crying/fussing as usual... Ha!
We have family pictures next week and I'm working on our coordinating outfits. I've started with Ruby's (because come on, little girl clothes are the bomb), then coordinated the boys and then thrown in whatever I have (which is actually a maternity sweater I'm hoping doesn't really look maternity)
So Ruby's dress is the Marlowe Knot from Matilda Jane. Their pieces are kinda pricey.. but I feel like they are totally worth it. I can usually get at least 2 years of wear from them.. maybe one year as a dress and the next year as a shirt/tunic. I can always resell them for at least half of what I paid. So it's pretty awesome. But the knot dresses are my favorite. She also has school pictures coming up and I have to figure out what she will wear for that too... In honor of that.. here is a throw back to last years school pics. I hope this year can top it!
Anywho, I hope you have a great rest of the week. I'll be back Friday with some favorites!


No comments:
Post a Comment