Pilates is going great and I'm getting a lot better at it! There is a class of about 10-15 of us and they are already pretty close. They have welcomed this ole Mississippi girl pretty well and I think I'm teaching them a word or two. On Thursday, we did a little exercise for your abs and well, frankly, I must not have any. You put this small rubber ball on the lower part of your back and you hold your arms straight out and leaaaannnn back and then hold your arms up. Well, they brought it to my attention that I really need to work on this exercise to the nature of my "shaking." Yikes! Our instructor also talks about "your powerhouse." Pull in "your powerhouse", use "your powerhouse." So I asked what "your powerhouse" is. She said it's the band of muscles in your lower stomach - right around where the top of your pants are.. I said "OH! you mean your inner-tube or muffin top?" She died. She said "Oh yes, that!"
Stephen had lots of tests this past week, so we didn't get to do much during the week, but on Saturday we made our way to Minneapolis. I went with the girls to the "MALL OF AMERICA" and let me tell you. I know why they call it the "MALL OF AMERICA!" (I imagine you can hear the fireworks go off when I say that).
The girls in Stephen's class invited me to go on their little adventure. We went nuts! Shopping Shopping Shopping! It's AMAZING! If anyone wants to go, please let me know! I will be happy to go along :)
After the shopping excursion, we met up with the guys and went to the Minnesota Timberwolves basketball game! It was a lot of fun! Their superstar player is Al Jefferson and he is a Mississippi boy! Yeahh!! You know Stephen loved that - especially if you follow him on Twitter. After the game, we went out on the town and had a great time! Here are the couple of pictures I took - I have to get better at taking pictures!
Today, Stephen and I (and Rocky) took our Christmas card pictures before the snow melts! (Which I think may NEVER happen!) You will have to wait until December to see those, but here is a picture of Rocky getting ready for the pictures! Doesn't he look handsome? You should have seen us! Thanks to Bethy, I've had to learn how to use the timer on your camera and prop it up on something (like the garbage can!)
Also, I promised pictures of the inside of our house. These aren't ALL of the rooms, but I didn't want this to win the gold medal for worlds longest blog post.
Entrance - to the Right is the living room and to the left is the dining room and kitchen.
Living Room
Dining Room
Kitchen
Then upstairs is our bedroom, the bathroom, the office and the guest room.
Bathroom
Bedroom
Obviously I still need to do a little work :) but it's coming along!
We booked our flights to come home April 9th for Kristen & Adam's wedding! We are so ready for our friends and family - and warmer weather!
Thank you for your prayers and keeping up with us! We miss you so much!
God Bless!
love your hair!! glad to see yall are having fun!
ReplyDelete