When we would see a redbird, my Meme would always say "See one redbird, don't see two. Gonna see somebody not expecting to." I know it really doesn't make sense, but she always said it. I saw a redbird on our fence today and immediately said that. I miss her so much and as her birthday approaches (March 26th) I can't help but feel her spirit today. I cooked her pot roast today with carrots and potatoes in an electric skillet, just like she used to. (of course mine wasn't nearly as good) But I miss her so much! Like I told my mom today, I'm pretty sure that its my destiny to be her.
Meme & Papaw
Meme after her radiation - it was a velour jumpsuit/scarf matching outfit day.
She has style to say the least, down to her pajamas.
In her NEW closet! Her haven. She couldn't wait to get in it!
Us at Thanksgiving 2007. Notice her nail color. If there was one thing I did, it was paint her nails and wax her eyebrows. I'd love to do that right now!
Love and miss you meme! I hope to be just like you! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment