Sunday, February 21, 2010

Life's little necessities...

So we love our new Minnesota house! It's so quaint and old :) But there are two small issues.

#1 NO MICROWAVE! Now I know this sounds petty, but until you don't have a microwave you don't realize how much you use it! I've been having to heat up left-overs in the oven. Things get a little darker and crispier when "heated up" in the oven! So, after church today (which I will touch on later) I went to Walmart and bought this...
WHAT A BLESSING! 
#2 Now, the more difficult problem! NO DISHWASHER! I am spoiled by life's little conveniences.  This issue is going to be a little harder to solve.  We can't just go buy a cheap dishwasher.  I'm the cheap dishwasher! Honestly, I let the dishes pile up until I HAVE to wash them! It's not fun!

We went to church this morning at First Baptist Church of snOwatonna.  Thinking it would be HUGE like First Baptist like in Jackson or Clinton, etc.  No, it was so small! Only probably about 25 people in the congregation.  We sang 3 hymns and the preacher was female.  I guess I am so used to Pinelake that this was a shock to me.  Most people here are Lutheran  so those churches are huge.  I miss the Bible belt! We are going to try out a few more and hope to find a church home here in snOwatonna.  

A funny story:  I also walked Rocky today and I was listening to my iPod to Phillips, Craig & Dean - Revelation Song (Stephen's favorite). I was just into worship, taking in the beauty of God's creation of snow - that I've never seen in such large quantities! All of the precious older homes in the neighborhood.. it was just beautiful.  Anyway, I was really caught up in the song - singing loud I'm guessing - and then here comes this man walking up behind, really uncomfortably trying to pass me.  Maybe that was my turn to spread God to someone today.  I hope I didn't freak him out! haha!

I hope everyone has a great week!!

We love and miss you! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment