Thursday, December 1, 2016

Birthday Bonanza & Thanksgiving Trifecta

Well I meant to do this last Friday and here we are again I'm late. So I guess this is just going to be what it is.... Real life. I can't keep up!

It will be long with lots of pictures.  My baby girl turned 3, we visited MS for a week for Thanksgiving and the Christmas season (my favorite season) is starting!

First off, we will start with the drive to MS... Should take 6 hours... took 8! Gideon HATES the car. HATES IT! Whether we travel for 5 minutes to take RG to school or whether we are on an 8 hour trip to MS. Screams the whole way! Forward facing (eeeeeek!!!! I know), rear facing, movie, beside RG, away from RG... NOTHING helps. So we stopped A LOT... but we made it. 

Sunday was Ruby's 3rd birthday! We started off with balloons and singing!


We then went to Waffle House for breakfast in our pajamas! (Our tradition - right when she wakes up, we head straight to eat breakfast!) This year she was super proud she was 3.  And Memaw & Papa Toler, Ah-Ra & K-Paw!



Our waitress made her Mickey Mouse pancakes and we sang HBD!


We then had a bday party at Memaw & Papa Toler's house Sunday afternoon!













(true life)










 (TANGLED HAIR!!)


Then we started Thanksgiving FESTIVITIES!!!

Monday, we went to my Dad's mothers house (My Nanny) for lunch.  Ruby got to play with her cousin Swayze and we had the BEST TIME!

Later that day, Stephen caught a fish at his parents house.. I'm not sure who is more excited.. Stephen, Ruby or Zoey. 

Wednesday, we went to my Mom & Ken's house for chili & more cousins!

Cousin Miles, Pepper Ann's son!
And Papaw, telling RG a "one-day" (one day, a long long time ago, when papaw didn't have no shoes and no socks.......)

Thursday was Thanksgiving with the Hoods! (more cousins!!!)
Ruby had so much fun with Hayden! They are not quite a month apart!

 This is Luke.. He and Gideon are 10 days apart!

Stephen and Jason have a Thanksgiving bet that whoever loses the Egg bowl has to wear a sweater from the other team the following year... Unfortunately Stephen had to wear this garbage... but next year... Jason, we are coming for ya!

We had to get a pic without that trash in it!



Friday, we packed up the car and RG had a make up tutorial with Memaw!

We drove home Friday night, hoping and praying that our kids would be a little more cooperative in the car... and they slept most of the way! Thank you Jesus!

Saturday morning, we headed out to get a Christmas tree!


and yes, I GOT A MINI VAN while we were in Jackson! It is HEAVEN!!!! I always swore I would never ever get one... but y'all. it's a game changer. 

Sunday morning, we woke up to a fun breakfast from Elfis!!




I'm not going to be so hard on myself trying to do the elf every single day.  But I do want to try to do some sort of advent activity & scripture with the kids each day! We are going to memorize Luke 2:11 this year and try to make sure we know we are celebrating Jesus' birthday (just like we celebrated RG's)

Here is the advent activity calendar I am using as a template - but I am tweaking it a good bit. I think a family activity, service activity and craft is too much in one day every day... so we are spacing it out. 

Gideon ate chalk and looked like Santa! 


And my heavens, those cheeks. Gosh, I love a sleeping baby. 



This weekend, we are going to the Nashville parade and hopefully a few other Christmas things! Trying to get our outdoor decor up and avoid getting sick!!!! Have a great weekend!


Today, your Savior was born in David's town.  He is Christ the Lord! - Luke 2:11

No comments:

Post a Comment