Stephen has been in MN for work all week and man, it has been a doozy. Shout out to single moms everywhere because two kids 3 & under AIN'T NO JOKE. Mama needs a nap and to be hooked up to a caffeine IV. Not to mention, this week has included threenager major meltdowns, fevers in both kids, coughs, too many trips to Kroger and freezing temps that keeps us from going outside.
WELCOME HOME BADGER! Now, I'm going to take a nap. Bye, Felicia!
Ok so lets go back to last weekend. We wanted to go to the downtown Nashville christmas parade. We went last year and it was awesome. Well Gideon woke up at 4am... I was feeling sickly... needless too say, we didn't make it. Ok, so let's go to the Franklin parade!! I look up on a website and it says it starts at 11:30. So Gideon naps, we get ready and as soon as he wakes up, we go. At like 10:45... So i'm looking to see where the parade starts and I pull up another website and it says the parade starts at 1pm. Oh ok... well that's not ideal, but we can grab lunch before. So, I start to question myself... check their Facebook page... it starts at 2!!!! WHAAATTTT? ok this is getting ridiculous. We grabbed lunch at Merridee's Bakery (yum - BTW) and headed home to let kiddos nap again.
We then decided to try for the Spring Hill parade that night. Much smaller, but still the fun of a parade. Ends up raining and pretty cold... but we press on and had a great time!
we laughed so hard at this pic because I'm a struggle bus as usual - holding Gideon (his favorite), keeping him away from whatever RG has, trying to tell RG to calm down, smushed between the two of them.. and Stephen is perfectly smiling and posing. hahahahaha!
Sunday, we were going to go to church but RG woke up puny and because I didn't have a trustworthy thermometer I didn't want to take her to the nursery at church if she had a fever.
Monday, we went to dance class and her teacher told me she kept saying she needed to go potty but would never go when they took her. Ok, so I know a lot of 3 year olds do this because they want to check out the cool bathrooms at every single place we go to... but she has been doing this to me at home too! And she did it to Stephen... So we ran her to the dr to check for a UTI since she was acting funky Sunday... well no UTI.. Just being funky I guess!
We took baths and pretended to be mermaids
We did Christmas crafts!
I also took Gideon's 10 month pics... Look how similar they are at the same age!!
This is me -- still wondering where RG gets her facial expressions from? #shegetitfromhermama
and in the spirit of Christmas - here I am with Ronda & Santa... Wonder where I get my style from?? #shegetitfromhermama
On another note, I have finished ALL of my christmas shopping except for a few small things for Stephen's stocking. I would like to thank Amazon prime for making Christmas shopping the easiest thing since life without kids. I would also like to thank Target and my red card for giving me lots of deals & free shipping. Ho Ho Ho.
Speaking of Target... if you like candles that smell like Christmas, RUN (don't walk) to your nearest Tar-Jay and pick up these two beauts. They are super cheap ($5) and they smell up the entire house.
This weekend we are going to go to Dickens of a Christmas in Franklin and hopefully rest, a lot!
Here is a video of RG half-you-know-what saying her bible verse we are working on... with a paci and no pants. #illtakewhaticanget



No comments:
Post a Comment