Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Very Hoody Halloween!

As much to my dismay, we didn't have but about 5 trick or treaters (one being JUSTIN BIEBER).. I was very disappointed and had to return about 30 pounds of candy. Boo. 

But, we still dressed up!
These are the best pics we could get with the 3 of us..
A pumpkin, a lion and a hunter (which is ironic because Stephen is wearing my camo..)

Also, in an effort to "bargain" shop at the Old Navy outlet.. I came across a banana pet costume.. size Medium.. which I was almost certain would not fit our Stocky Rocky.  So I went back and forth whether I should buy it.. I mean it was only $3.. So I left, without the banana... and before I could get out of the parking lot, I decided to go back and see if they would let the Stocky try it on (since he was conveniently in the car).  So I go back in and the manager says.. "Sure! Bring him in!" .. I'm sorry sir, but, WHAT?! are you serious? Bring a rottweiler/chow mix into the Old Navy? well... ummm... okay... So I brought him in.. the banana fit! YES! and he wore it out of the store! 
The absolute cutest banana I've ever seen. 
So of course Stephen and I are coming up with all kinds of banana songs and names for him..
Banana pancakes, Roquita Banana, etc.. you can see where this is going. 

Also, a side note.. I had to a few funny things happen to me yesterday that I will share...
First, Stephen lost his wedding band in the backyard... an "accident"... so we had to rent a metal detector from the hardware store... Well I went to return the thing yesterday. Not to mention this is the world's smallest hardware store.. I literally can see to the back of the store where you rent items.  So i walk in and ask the lady at the front desk if I need to handle my business here or at the back of the store where the rentals are (where I can see the fellow sitting at the desk)... She said head back to the back.. So I take two steps away from her and I hear her on the walkie talkie in her MinnesOOOOta accent "Umm.. (so-and-so) just warning you, you've got a rental return"... excuse me ma'am.. i'm right here.. and can hear you. what on earth? warning you? what do you think i'm going to be trouble? good grief. So I walk to the back of the store (after making eye contact with this guy when I walked in the door) and politely said "Good thing she warned you I was coming, I would hate to sneak up on you!" - Whatever!

Then... after we had purchased the banana costume and rocky wore it out of the store, I had to run to walmart to return halloween candy and get my headlight fixed in my car.. well i couldn't have a "dog" in the car while they were fixing my headlight.. so I had to walk this big banana around the walmart parking lot for 15 minutes while getting my headlight fixed. I'm sure I looked like a wonderfully smart intelligent southerner. geez. 

Last night I went to the MOA with one of my friends and we walked into Barnes and Noble.. The first book I saw was:
Which is looking like it may be an omen.  We will see.. If God wants me to experience a winter wonderland, I'm excited for it! I've already started listening to Sounds of the Season and drinking hot chocolate. I'm sure the snow will be falling any second now. 

I hope everyone had a more fruitful trick or treating halloween than we did! 

Have a great week! Happy November!

1 comment:

  1. I don't see myself on your blog roll, and it makes me super sad!!

    ReplyDelete