Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sittin on the dock of the Bay....

So one of the pluses of staying in MN past the training period, Stephen gets to work in some pretty cool places.  I.E. SAN FRANCISCO!

Since we took so many pictures, we will just make this a photo recap...

So Friday when I flew in, Stephen's flights were messed up so I was there a while before he was! Obama was flying in around the same time I was and we landed right next to the Air Force One.  As I was driving out of the parking garage in the rental car, the entire 101 was shut down as he drove by. San Fran was a popular place this past weekend!

China Town
My China Town purchase.. A jade bracelet.. and he threw in the ring :)

Union Square

Late night Tanner excursion... 

There was Giants paraphernalia everywhere! Even on the fire trucks!


Foggiest city ever!





Stephen, Jeff, Ketti & I went to the Aquarium/Rain Forest/Planetarium at the California Academy of Sciences.  I think it's obvious the penguins were my favorite!



We met my Aunt Janet and Uncle Eddie for lunch in Santa Rosa! It was so great to see them and spend time with them! We WILL be back soon!

After lunch we drove through Sonoma/Napa and stopped at a winery.  It is absolutely beautiful! Vineyards everywhere!

The Tanner House again... I'm a HUGE Full House fan.. :)


Probably my favorite part of San Fran besides the Full House house. 


The view of the city from the ferry. 




Where the inmates showered twice a week.. Not much to hide around there. 


Beautiful skylines. 

I tried to lock him in.

A typical cell when a prisoner arrived (a.k.a. Stephen's cell)

Stephen trying to visualize what "the hole" (isolation) felt like. 



The largest lighthouse on the West coast, on Alcatraz!

After that.. We went to the Golden Gate Bridge. The most popular place to commit suicide. Yikes. It was a awesome.. amazing how talented God made engineers and architects. 


Badgers.

and I was disappointed to see that you could NOT do a U-Turn on the Golden Gate. Bummer.. I love a U-Turn.

Of course, being married to a sports fanatic, we couldn't leave San Fran without this:
Too bad we were one day short of the World Series!

We had a WONDERFUL time in San Fran.  If you haven't been, make sure to see it! It's awesome!

On a colder note... it's FREEZING already in snOwatonna... and snowing. I can remember as a child it being so hot on Halloween that you couldn't wear the mask that went with your costume without having a heatstroke... well not up here.. I'm dressing up as a snow skier for Halloween so I'll be dressed appropriately.  Rocky will be a lion.. he is so good at that. And.. for Stephen... we aren't sure yet.. hopefully not the stinky Alabama fan again :)

Have a great weekend and safe Halloween!
God Bless!










No comments:

Post a Comment