Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gobble Gobble

It was a White Thanksgiving in MN for the Hoods.  Because we are so unsure of where we are going and when, it is kind of hard to plan for a flight back home between now and whenever we get placed somewhere! So, we decided to stay in MN and cook our first Thanksgiving feast together (and probably our last one until we are grandparents! ha!)
A Badger Family portrait.  If you want a good laugh, just estimate how many times we had to try for this pic. Oh only 50 (not exaggerating - I'm learning how to use the timer on my camera pretty well! Thanks Bethy!)


Our badger feast!

Green Bean Casserole

Butter beans like Meme used to make!

Missy potatoes - a Hood speciality! 
(obviously SOMEONE couldn't wait)

Stephen's turkey! It was DELISH! 
Now he will be in charge of cooking more - since I know he is so good at it :)

Impromptu gravy - don't wanna talk about it. :)

Meme's crockpot dressing.  Pretty good for my first try! 
It is honestly the BEST dressing ever! and very easy!

A Turkey carving a turkey! What's the chance of that!

Rocky eats snow like crazy! It is so funny! He usually comes back inside with snow all over his face!

Right when the snow first started! 

Our snow bunny!

Told you, he LOVES the snow! He is part chow so he definitely does not get cold! I wish I had the winter coat he has!

Speaking of snow, it's snowing a lot here lately.. It started last night and hasn't quit! At the bank today, the lady asked "Oh, is that weather getting nasty?" (In her MN accent of course) and I said, "Oh my gosh! it's a blizzard outside!" (In my southern accent - of course).  Her reply was "Oh, honey, this is no blizzard! The blizzard is coming though, you betcha!" (again, her MN accent..)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We all have so much to be thankful for! 

Last but not least, GO DAWGS!!
I'm so glad I am not a black bear. Just sayin. 

Oh gosh, and how could I forget! I'd like to get my favorite person a plug here. 
Jessica Simpson's new Christmas album came out Nov 22. It is so good! and I'm not just saying that because I love her. Give it a listen!


No comments:

Post a Comment