Friday, June 11, 2010

What's in the "beg"??

I'm so glad that Alison tagged me to do this! I've been reading everyone's and I love this.. I'm not sure why it is so interesting what people have in their purses??  

Since Stephen and I have been traveling so much, I get told by security.. "Excuse me, you can only have 1 carry-on item" and I have to politely say.."Sir, that's my purse." (They also pronounce the word BAG like BEG and its driving me insane.) So I've downsized (unwillingly) to the circa 2008 Giggleswick hobo purse I bought right before I graduated from State.. 
Here we go:
Now for the goods....

Let me start off with "I can explain..."
Ok, a purse hook.. I know people make fun.. but if you tried it, you'd LOVE IT!! Stephen got 2 for me for Christmas and I use them all the time.. I hate putting a bag on the floor out in public.
A Hello Kitty Pez dispenser... no candy. 
Tweezers.. because the best light to pluck your eyebrows is in the car...
A variety of pens.. because I am O.C.D. when it comes to my planner. 
Eyeliner, Mascara & Eye lash curler.. because sometimes I need a pick me up.
A seam ripper? I can't really explain.. but it reminds me of my Meme. 
And a non-sharp finger nail file.. because I don't think you can take the sharp kind on a plane. 

Speaking of planes... This is my "make up bag." Since everything you own has to fit into a quart sized clear ziploc bag to fly, and we are doing so much of it these days.. this is my make up bag.  
Hairspray, Lotion, Tide-to-go pen, Jessica Simpson perfume (did you expect anything else?), some VS perfume, Lip Venom (yes I still love it), 2 kinds of chapstick, OPI Cajun Shrimp nail polish (after all it is SUMMER!), my lip stick and a lip gloss.  Along with 900 bobby pins and pony tail holders because I'm in that awkward short hair growing out stage... and my jump drive

My iPod, cell phone, camera (case) which Rocky got a hold of, sunglasses, powder, pill case (that was my grandmothers - not sure what kind of pills she left in there??) and a compact mirror for putting on lipstick after finishing a meal. 
And last, but not least....
Advil, Post-its (for when I run out of room in my planner), a coupon to Kohl's, my wallet (which is about time to retire), my beloved planner, a couch to 5k running plan, keys to my life in Mississippi, my pandora bracelet and pearl studs, left over wedding gift cards and a dog park business card

That's it.. kinda boring.. I thought I would have more random stuff in there.. I'd just like to say thank you to whoever started this.. women all over America are finally cleaning out their purses! 

Also, I'd like to tag...
Sydney - because it will be severely OCD
Saranne - I need a before and after AP purse
Carley Norman - because I miss her
Haley - because it will be funny


2 comments:

  1. This is my absolute favorite thing to read about people... It made me clean out my purse, and I'm sooooo glad! P.S. I MUST get a purse hook... Please message me on my blog to tell me where you got it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the car being the best light to pluck eyebrows in.. is that bad? :)

    ReplyDelete