Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Marta, Marty, Braves, Ray, Badger and Bethy

This past weekend we went on a anniversary trip to Atlanta with the Martins! 
We just had the best weekend ever! So glad that we could share such a fun trip!

Friday night we drove from Memphis to Atlanta to stay with Stephen's aunt, Aunt Dianne! We so enjoyed our visit.. and thank you for all of our goodies! :)
Saturday we went to check into our cute hotel, Hotel Indigo!
It was so nice and in such a good area! Actually.. Right across the street from the Fox Theatre (which we had a view of from our room!)

Saturday, we went to the Braves game! And they won!!! Whooo HOOO!!!
We rode the Marta everywhere.. P.S.   Also, if you ever go on a trip and need a navigator... Josh Martin is your man. He can find restaurants and get you there within walking distance or a marta ride. He is clutch to any trip. Just sayin. 


Girl pic & boy pic!






After the game, we decided to grab some din and hang out in Midtown!
My BFF, Bethy

My BFF, Badger
The cutest Martins I know. 

The next morning we slept late and had lunch at Front Page News 
Such a cute place.. with a new orleans style brunch and jazz band!

Of course, we rode the Marta! 

At Front Page News:
pardon the no make up and red eyez. 

Sunday night was the main event.  We rode the Marta to the last train stop and took a Marta bus to Alpharetta and then walked a mile... literally... a mile to the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.  It was all worth it to see Ray LaMontagne. (Jolene) I didn't get a good pic of him.. So here is a pic from last year... 
Best artist I have ever heard.. Live is better than on a CD.. You are missing out if you don't know who he is. Just sayin. 

Beth and I basically wore matching shirts all weekend.. and I'm not mad about it. 


This amphitheater was the best outdoor venue I've ever been to! I would definitely recommend it for a concert.. but don't walk there :) 

Brandi Carlile opened up for Ray and she was sooo good! Check her out if you get a chance! 
I'm so glad that we got to share our weekend!! I love you Martins!

On a lighter note.. The bulldogs play Saturday and I'm counting on a big fat W. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!









No comments:

Post a Comment