If you haven't heard, the MS river is flooding... and it's flooding bad! In Memphis, they have evacuated a lot of areas. I work right by the Wolf River and the road in front of our building was flooded Friday (4/29).
This is a picture of farmlands by the agricenter that I took on my way to work.
Since I was off of work last Friday due to flooding - Rocky & I caught some rays at the Pavilion! (It's hard to believe we had flooding when it was such a beautiful day!)
Stephen and I went to Beale Street Music Fest (Memphis in May) last weekend and had a blast! There were so many great bands! Our favorites were Mumford & Sons, Ludacris, Gregg Allman, Wilco and a few others! Luckily it didn't rain until Sunday!
Our walk down Beale Street, we saw our favorite po-po, Andrew! (Nicole's main squeeze)
Friday night - beautiful sunset!
Saturday - Mumford & Sons & Ludacris! Ke$ha was very disappointing for all you fans out there. She has a very very dirty mouth - like to the point that it ruined the show, which was basically her dancing while someone played her CD. This is coming from someone who was a Ke$ha fan.
Sunday, we went to church and then I went to a baby shower for my friend from work, Tiffany! Pics will come soon from that! While we were at the shower, the rain came... and we lost electricity for a little bit!!
This was our drive downtown for music fest! Kinda scary!
Badgers on Beale... The rain totally messed up my hair.. I had to make do, hippie style!
(I'm still celebrating Peace, Love & Bachelorette, Natalie!!)
This week we celebrated Cinco De Mayo & bought a new vacuum cleaner!
Friday, Rocky & I got some sun again!
And Stephen & I had date night! (I'm sure you got the tweets!)
It started with dinner at Thai Bistro in Cordova - It was delish!!
I got sushi and Stephen got Drunken Noodles! SO GOOD!
Our next stop was ICE CREAM!
(Sorry these are crooked... I can't figure out how to turn it!)
Then we saw Water for Elephants.. IT WAS SUCH AN AMAZING MOVIE!!
A MUST SEE!
Here is another sideways pic I can't figure out how to turn (courtesy of Brenda!)
This is where Beale Street meets Riverside Drive.. The entrance of the Music Fest... It wasn't under water whenever we were there last week.. Please pray for flooding!
Today, we volunteered with our small group for Bellevue loves Memphis! So much fun and we are loving getting to know our small group! So thankful for them! and of course I didn't take any pics. :(
Also, I would like to ask for prayers for our good friend, McGyver. He is having surgery tonight and we are praying for his strength through the surgery and for the vet's to find out what is wrong and fix it.
His parents are Josh & Beth Martin. Please keep them in your prayers too!
They are all in Starkville tonight, under the best of care!
This coming weekend is Natalie & Matthew's wedding weekend! We can not wait to celebrate!
I promise to take pictures!






No comments:
Post a Comment