Luckily for us, we only live about 2 blocks away from Minnesota's largest county fair! It started on Tuesday (8/17) and lasted until Sunday (8/22). Stephen and I LOVE a fair :) and since we will not be able to enjoy the MS State Fair this year, we were sooo excited to be able to experience a MN fair! My new friend, Jami, from California and I went every day at lunch to enjoy a Sno-Biz, petting zoo's, the village of yesteryear and more! Stephen and I went a couple of nights to enjoy music, food and galaxy girl! Here are a few pics of the fair!
If you didn't know, I haven't been able to find a Sno-Biz anywhere in this state... but I guess they are considered "fair food" up here. Weird. They are pretty much available year round in MS. I got one every day of the fair basically.


Jami and I got to witness the "Senior Citizen Spelling Bee" on Thursday. Wow. I was in awe. There were more walkers than people under the age of 60. Within the first 3 rounds, half of the contestants were eliminated. Not to mention, the first person out lost on the word "strategy" Yikes!



There were tons of bunny rabbits there! If you have read any of my other posts, you know how important bunnies are around here! There was also a camel you could ride named Bubba. I thought that was appropriate.

So supposedly, the "MUST-HAVE" food for the fair here is "cheese curds." Wow.. it's basically a fried wod of cheese. They act like they are amazing up here... well they were not that great. I choose a cheese stick any day of the week.


On a different note, the NEW thing to have this year was a donut burger. Let me tell you, this should be the must have. It was delish. Not to mention 1 million calories. A burger with a donut for a bun and glazed after it is all assembled. Ah-mazing!

There was also a wedding on Friday night. Now, this was hard for me to understand. They actually have a competition for a couple to win a chance to have their wedding at the fair. It was really sweet... except for you have a blinking funnel cake sign in the background of all your pictures. Stephen, Jennifer and I had a chance to hang out with the groom at the "reception" aka... party that everyone at the fair could attend at no charge.
Yes, Stephen wore his tuxedo shirt for the wedding..................


Stephen and I enjoyed the 80's band.. Ladies of the 80"s! They were soo good!
As far as our badgiversary weekend went.....
Stephen sent me the most beautiful roses! And gave me a beautiful sparkly gift :)
Oh and also a new pair of JS shoes! BOOM!
I put on my wedding dress (which I do quite often)

I made the badger a card! and gave him some cufflinks!
We cooked steaks on the grill with sweet corn and twice baked potatoes!
We had a wonderful badgiversary weekend! We will continue the celebrating this weekend with Wicked! in Minneapolis and the RAY LAMONTAGNE concert in Council Bluffs, IA!!! (which will deserve a post all in itself!)
If you didn't know, our first dance song was "You are the best thing" by Ray LaMontagne and Justin Timberlake :)
I hope y'all are having a wonderful week!
God has big plans for the Hoods in the next couple of months! Keep us in your prayers!







LOVE the shoes! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 year! Miss you!