Saturday, August 27, 2011

Birthdays & Anniversaries!

Just a quick little recap of August.... (Since I am so behind)

I'll start with the last weekend in July since that is where the magic started. ha!
Well as of July 25th we SOLD OUR HOUSE in Brandon!! HALLELUJAH!
So no more of trick-twittering the house site! 

So that weekend (July 29-31) we had planned to go to Jackson, MS to get a few things that we still had at the house.... washer/dryer, futon, random tables, etc. So, on Saturday night, we had planned to have dinner with our friends at Sal & Mookies.. well my friends were being shady and everyone was backing out... and I was getting mad... Well little did I know.... THEY WERE SURPRISING ME!
Quarter of Century - EEK!

Sweet Sweet LYING friends :)

And the badger was in on it all along :)

We found out on the Thursday before we left Memphis that Stephen's uncle, Bill, had passed away after battling with illness for a long time.  He was such a nice man and I wish I could have known him longer than I did.  Uncle Bill & Aunt Dianne are very special to Stephen and I.  
That's Uncle Bill on the left hand side.

So we headed to Atlanta Sunday morning for the visitation and funeral.  We had Rocky with us on the trip to Jackson/Atlanta.. as well as pulling a U-Haul - the entire way!
So by the time we get to our first stop on Sunday.. Rocky has an upset stomach.. which isn't too abnormal... but by the time the visitation is over and we get back to our hotel.... Rocky is SICK.. and I mean SICK.  Like up all night... bad bloodiness... Sick.  So after being up all night with him constantly taking him out and him being sick out of both ends... around 7am on Monday morning we decided to take him to an emergency vet clinic.  Long story short, he was VERY sick... like if we would have waited to take him for a few days he could have not made it back to Tennessee... The place we took him was AMAZING... he was hospitalized for 18 hours and then we made the long trip home around 10pm.. which got us to Cordova around 3-4am... we had to take him STRAIGHT to the emergency vet clinic here to make sure he was ok.. by the time we got home and unloaded, it was time for me to get in the shower and go to work! Ugh! needless to say... it was a tough tuesday.  

Side note..... You know the saying.. "you can't pull a U-haul behind a hearse" ?? Well, yes, you can.. Just ask me and Stephen. Because we did. 


So that week was my BIRTHDAY WEEK!!

We celebrated at work with RED VELVET CAKE!!


Multiple flower arrangements.... long story... but a funny one. 

Stephen & Rocky gave me maroon scrubs to wear on maroon friday (since I work in tiger-land).  I also got Heaven is For Real and a decorating book! Friends sent me lots of sweet cards and others gifts! I am so thankful!!

Me & Rocky celebrating Maroon Friday!


My "sister", Lauri had her sweet baby Skylar.  Mom, Mandy and I got to meet her last weekend!
Here is Skylar sporting her favorite bloomers..

Lauri & Greg's oh-so-cute house!

Me and Skylar!

That sweet face!
Monday, August 22nd was our 2 year anniversary! My goodness.. wedding in MS, 1st year anniversary in Minnesota, 2nd year anniversary in Memphis... 3rd year needs to be a vacation.. like MAUI or MEXICO! :)

Badger surprised me at work with beautiful flowers!

I made them into two arrangements to get the longest life out of them!!!

Today, we ran lots of errands and had a picnic at shelby farms! 
Keeps us in your prayers as we decide on where to buy a house in Memphis.  We are so excited to get officially settled in! I am also looking forward to fall and slowly creeping fall decor into our apartment. I know its early, but I like to enjoy it :)





Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday and a wonderful game day week!!

GO DAWGS!! Beat those Tigers!

No comments:

Post a Comment