Sunday, October 4, 2009

A new week in the life of a badger....

Stephen and I joined a small group through Pinelake last week.  We were blessed enough to join Robert Green's small group (the pastor who married us!).  We are reading through the book called Crazy Love.  Wow and it's serious.  It has given me a whole new light on my relationship with God.
Crazy Love

 My favorite thing in the book so far is this: (just keep in mind that I'm a HUGE worrier and stresser)
"Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives

Stress says that things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace towards others, or out tight grip of control.

Basically, these two behaviors communicate that it's okay to sin and not trust God because the stuff in my life is somewhow exceptional.  Both worry and stress reek of arrogance.  They declare our tendency to forget that we've been forgiven, that our lives here are brief, that we are headed to a place where we won't be lonely, afraid, or hurt ever again, and that in the context of God's strength, our problems are small, indeed."

God has really been tugging on my heart since reading this book only one week ago.  I'm headed in whole heartedly and I know that God will show me (and Stephen) what he has planned for our lives.

Now... a little lighter news!

We are getting ready to sell/trade in Gyspy.  For those of you who don't know her... she is my 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse that I love so much.  I got her my junior year of high school and she has been there every step of the way.  Ok so I just spent 20 minutes looking for the old picture of me the first night I drove Gyps off the lot... I can't find it.. But here is a more recent picture of the lovely lady..



I am really sad to let her go :( but I know something better is to come! Gypsy has three favorite songs, just in case you cared... here they are!
Gypsy's Favorite song #1
Cher
and I can't explain this one.. she just likes it: Buttons

We went to the MSU vs. GA Tech game on Saturday.. boo... I can't believe the bulldogs can't beat the bumnble bees! But we had a GREAT Tailgate.. as usual! :)

Seth came!


Bert Friends!


J-Mo was there... We love a celeb sighting :)



and.. of course, the badgers :)

For those of you who DON'T know... The Mississippi State Fair starts Wednesday! Badgers love the fair :) Here are some pictures from last year!


We overdid it a little :)


and... yes the dog to the far right (not seth) did ride the ride.. i'm pretty sure he enjoyed it!

I hope everyone has a great week! God bless!

Follow me on twitter: brianabhood
Follow Stephen on twitter: sTePhEnH00d

3 comments:

  1. I have the Crazy Love book in my pile of books to read. Can't wait until I get down in the stack to read it.

    Don't you love this cooler weather? It definitely screams State Fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianna!! As a fellow worrier, I love that exerpt from that book!!!!

    You are so cute. I'm so happy I saw you this week :)

    ReplyDelete