Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mulchin' Ain't Easy.

With spring here and such nice temperatures, I couldn't help but want to work on our yard a little! Saturday morning, I went to Lowes and stocked up on flowers to fill our window boxes and pots and mulch to work on our bush beds.  (I know that sounds weird, but see photos below). Our neighbors son came by while I was in the front yard and offered to mow our grass! Hallelujah! Because our lawn mower wouldn't fit in the U-Haul! He was so nice and did a wonderful job! He is going to cut it all summer, hopefully!

Stephen and I worked our tails off in the yard, but it definitely paid off! 
It looks great!! or at least we think so :) 


I love the window boxes! 
This is on the side of our house! I think they are elephant ears or something? They haven't bloomed yet and when we got here they were dead! So we are excited to see what all is in our yard!
This is the back yard, and yes Rocky is tee-teeing.  He is always like "where's waldo" in the our pictures.


Also, since I've been eyeing every tulip I've seen, I decided to buy some for myself!!

And Rocky is such a great help!


Have a wonderful week!
God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! I love the flowers in the jars! miss yall! -bivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful! I think the plants on the side are Hostas - may be the same thing as "Elephant Ears?" Have a great Spring!

    ReplyDelete